Over the years, I've collected quite a few books on ministry, the church, leadership and the sort. However, due to a combination of busy school schedules and the lure of TV shows on DVD, these books have done nothing more than collect dust on my shelves, in boxes on the floor, stuffed in cabinets, and wherever else I could put them. This summer, after talking with my wife Haylie, I've decided that it would be beneficial to pull these books out and read them, both for personal enrichment and for the betterment of my ministry. I've laid out the ambitious goal of reading one book a week, hopefully posting a review every Saturday. May these reflections, reviews and thoughts help you in your own spiritual journey!
First up: Radical by David Platt. I received this book back in April as part of the Early Reviewer's program at LibraryThing.com, but with the end of the semester and the wedding in June, well, let's just say that the early review for the book (published May 4) is no longer early. Look for a review tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment